Friday, October 2, 2009

That's a Wrap!

I didn't forget that I promised more pictures of my school, but it's been a busy week. So, here are two more for now, and more to come.

Below is the lounge directly outside of the Grad Design studio, where on any given morning you will come in to find at least half a dozen undergrad students sprawled out on the couches that they've rearranged to create makeshift beds.


This is the door to the Grad Design studio. Pretty exciting, I know. It's locked so that no one can come in and steal our stuff. However, if one of the other design students goes klepto on us, then all bets are off!



But who wants to talk about school on the weekend? I know what you really want to hear about are more interesting things like what I had for dinner, right?
A few weeks ago, I had bought this sushi kit from one of the little markets nearby. Little did I know what a delicious meal it would make. Inside the box is a rice bowl that steams when you microwave it. It also comes with little crispy seaweed pieces and a packet of soy sauce. Then you take whatever ingredients you want and make your own sushi.

I put together a bunch of ingredients to test out what tasted the best. Although I love raw fish, I thought that might be too advanced for me to start off with. Also, since Live Sushi is so close, I figure I can get my fix anytime, so why risk making myself sick on improperly prepared fish?

My favorite wrap was smoked salmon with avocado and carrots. Delicious! ... However, in the future I will probably just buy seaweed and cook my own rice to save money.

After dinner I went out to the back porch to photograph the lovely view of the city at dusk.


No comments:

Post a Comment