Saturday, October 3, 2009

Easy Bake

Tonight my friend Jerry and his roommates are hosting a party for the Chinese moon festival. Perfect excuse to bake some treats! I went to Whole Foods today to get the ingredients for coconut macaroons, one of my all-time favorite desserts. Then as I was making them, I realized I would have extra egg yolks, so I found a recipe another recipe to use them up.


Both came out pretty well, and now they are all ready for the party. If you want to try the recipes follow the links below.

Click here for the Pecan Pie Cookie recipe! (They're actually called "Skillet Cookies," but I thought the with the pecans and the caramel-like taste of the dates, it tasted like pecan pie. Also, I changed the recipe a bit when I made it. I crushed up some Puffins Honey Rice cereal, and rolled the cookies in cane sugar rather than powdered sugar, and greased the cookie sheet with vegetable oil spread because I didn't have parchment paper).

mmm, look how perfectly golden brown the bottoms toasted in the oven...hopefully they'll be a hit at the party... speaking of which, it started already, so what am I still doing here? see ya!





No comments:

Post a Comment