Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hello Moon!


The moon festival was lots of fun. We even we climbed up a little metal ladder to the rooftop to say hello to the moon. The view from the rooftop was awesome but it was chillllly! I know I've complained about this already, but for how warm it gets during the day, the morning and nights are COLD. Thanks to these drastic changes, I now have a miserable cough which has been messing up my much needed beauty sleep.

Monday morning I woke up freezing at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. The apartment where I'm living is very old and stays very cold. I couldn't manage to drag myself out of bed until 5:30 to finish my paper for writing class. By 7:30 I finally made it to the kitchen to boil some water and was surprised to look out the window and see a very bright moon in the colorful morning sky.

It has always frustrated me that I can't take a good picture of the moon without special equipment, so the moon doesn't look as large or impressive as what I saw.

In other news, yesterday took the train down to visit Sophie and move the rest of my stuff back to San Francisco. We had a lovely dinner of fish and chips in downtown Campbell at Katie Bloom's Irish Pub. Good food, good laughs, good jams (while we were eating on the front patio of the restaurant, a strange man walked by with a boombox that was loudly playing "Wish You Were Here").

Every time I've been to the San Jose area, I've been struck by the beautiful mountains that look like swirling mounds of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment