Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yay for Veterans!

I know yesterday was Veteran's Day, but I'm going to do a little tribute today. Thank you to all of those who have served and protected our country! Your brave actions preserved the many rights that I often take for granted.


My maternal grandfather fought in WWII and although he has only mentioned it to me a few times, I know it made a lasting impact. When I saw him at Virginia Beach, he was wearing proudly wearing this tshirt.


Last year my grandfather was invited to go to Washington D.C. with a bunch of other veterans to honor their service to our country. I actually found an article from one of my grandparents' local newspapers that explains the Honor Flight event.


http://www.timesjournalonline.com/details.asp?id=18067

No comments:

Post a Comment