Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Long Long Long

My nails are beginning to get long. In my case, "long" means that more than just a sliver of white is showing beyond the nail bed. It's strange because when I was younger, I always had loved growing my nails as long as I could. But, when I started playing guitar they became really annoying so I have always kept them short since.

I still think long nails are really pretty, the feeling just bothers me. But I haven't been able to bring myself to cut them. It used to be kind of a ritualistic thing. When my nails got too long, I would clip them before playing guitar. But now I have no guitar to play.


I've been keeping my eye on craigslist, and I even saw a used backpack guitar for sale at the local Guitar Center, but I just can't justify spending the money. My financial priorities are rent, food, and school-related expenses. I'm a foodie and I won't eat ramen just to save some money. So, buying a guitar would not only be financially unwise, but I should be spending more time on homework, not less.

So, for now, my nails can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing they will escape the clippers for yet another day.


2 comments:

  1. "did I tell you I need you?
    every single day of my life
    got to get you into my life!"

    Maybe you should consider bringing a guitar back with you to SF after the Christmas break. It is sad to have your instruments sit around at home not being played. Last night I thought I heard your guitar "gently weep" :)

    <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard "Long Long Long" on the radio this weekend! So I'm glad you're coming with me on that... :)

    ReplyDelete