Saturday, September 26, 2009

The End of Productivity

I would like to announce that I will not be doing any more work this semester. My wonderful parents took pity on my poor wretched guitarless self and decided I could go get myself a new instrument for an early Christmas present! I went to Guitar Center today and picked out a little 3/4 sized Laguna guitar. It's so cute and tiny, perfect for the grad-girl-on-the-go! I especially love the spruce top and the abalone inlay.

In other news, while I was waiting for my laundry to be done earlier today, I scurried over the Good Life grocery, a lovely little market near my apt, and picked up some of my new fav Japanese food for lunch: inari.

I had it for the first time yesterday at Wolfe's Lunch right down the street from my school. I had never eaten there before because it didn't look too promising, but when one of my classmates came into the studio with some delicious smelling takeout, so I decided to give it a try.

I got a delicious teriyaki salmon with salad, rice, two little california rolls, and something I didn't recognize. It looked like a little golden-brown pillow and was filled with sweet gingery-flavored rice. I learned that it's called inari when I saw it today at Good Life. After doing a quick internet search, this fried bean curd pocket filled with seasoned rice seems like a pretty popular/common Japanese food, so I don't know how I've missed it up until now. I guess I'll just have to make up for lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment