Saturday, November 7, 2009

Virginia Beach!

I had a splendid time at Virginia Beach last week! It was great getting to spend a few days back on the East Coast with some of my family.

Here are a few highlights of my vacation:

- watching my grandparents' first experience with Skype
- girl-talk with my aunts

- playing hostess in my hotel suite, which was the designated party room
- my southern taxi driver's view on weather: "Mother Nature can do whatever she wants, wherever she wants, and she don't have to ask the Weather Channel, the president, the UN, or nothin."

- walking on the beach
- eating lots and lots of food

- my grandmother telling me how worried they were when i first went out to the West Coast because i was like a "poor little lamb" in the big scary world. now she thinks i can handle myself. yay!

if you want to see more photos of the reunion, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment