Friday, November 27, 2009

I Know What I'm Kicking Away

So, my resolution to be a better blogger fell flat. All my blog wants is my love and attention, but I just can't commit.

You know what else I can't commit to? My graduate school. It turns out that the program I'm enrolled in is not a good fit for what I want to do with my career, so I decided to take a step back before I toss more money at something that's not working for me. At the end of this semester, I will be taking a leave of absence from CCA. This means that if I change my mind, I can come back in Spring of 2011 without having to reapply.

I am going to take some time to get out in the working world and build my portfolio before I take up school again. The unfortunate part is that I already have a job, but am resigning my position at Cumulus because I cannot afford to continue living in SF without student loans. Until I figure out when and where I want to finish my degree, I will be moving back to PA and looking for another job.

It was a really difficult decision to make, especially since I like my job and I am already attached to my new friends out here. A few of us were even planning on getting an apartment together in the next few weeks. But, I think all in all, this is the best decision for me.

I guess I won't be a ginger by the bay anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Paulie,
    Uncle Rod and I keep you in our daily prayers and hope that God will guide your steps.
    Love, Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete