Friday, October 30, 2009

Ginger Tracker

Since I haven't posted in weeks, some of you might be wondering where the heck I've been. I feel like I was sick for the majority of the month, and it really owned me. Then I had to play catch-up with schoolwork, and balance my time with my new job (I'll get to that describing that some other time).

Right now, I want to tell you how I bounced around the country to make my way back to the East Coast. Last week, I made an impulsive decision to travel to Virginia to celebrate my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the cities I stopped in other than the wandering around the airport. People often comment on the fact that all airports kind of look the same. Not so! Here are the unique places where I caught connecting flights on the way to Virginia Beach.

Las Vegas!

The city lights were stunning flying into Vegas. Then when we entered the airport, the first thing I saw were row of slot machine and a giant neon sign. Very showy.


layovers are great excuses for snacks. Ethel's chocolate is locally-made deliciousness.


Chicago!

O'Hare had a different vibe. Rather than all the glitz and glamour of Vegas, the Chicago airport was very artsy. There was psychedelic corridor with flashing rainbow lights above the moving walkway, colorful wavy walls, and soothing music.


whoever designed this must've been a fan of Gaudí.

there were translucent painting on the wall in one of the corridors

one of many hand-painted benches. love the Alice in Wonderland theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment